The desire to prevent cavities is one of the main reasons people visit the dentist. In this post, the team at The Sugar House Dentist in Salt Lake City highlights five things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings appear. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to cavities are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you notice any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today to set up an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among pre-teens, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is clear-cut. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, skip frequent snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Salt Lake City area, give The Sugar House Dentist a call. We provide family and children’s dentistry, and a range of cosmetic dentistry services.
Contact The Sugar House Dentist – The Sugar House Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):