Dental emergencies are not fun. They can be painful, stressful, and they are often poorly timed. Fortunately, The Sugar House Dentist is your go-to emergency dental care practice in Sugar House, Utah! We are prepared to handle any situation and repair any kind of damage to your teeth or the teeth of a loved one.
When you experience a dental emergency in Salt Lake City, remember to call The Sugar House Dentist right away. We’ll get to work on alleviating your pain and repairing your teeth right away to return your smile to mint condition.
Emergency Dental Services at Our Sugar House Dentist Practice
When you or someone in your family has an accident that affects your teeth or smile, you probably consider it a fairly major problem. In most cases, we are inclined to agree—although, some dental injuries are definitely worse than others. Regardless of the severity of the injury, we will make it right!
The emergency dental services available in our Sugar House practice include:
- Treatment for toothaches and other tooth pain.
- Repair for cracked, broken, or chipped teeth.
- TMD/TMJ treatment for swollen or painful jaw joints.
- Tooth replacement with dental implants and crowns.
- Re-cementing crowns or replacing lost crowns.
- Root canal treatment, surgery, and therapy.
- Common & surgical tooth extraction.
- Wisdom teeth removal.
- Replacing lost or broken fillings.
Reasons to Seek Emergency Dental Care
Sometimes it can be hard to tell if you’re experiencing a dental emergency or not. Here are some symptoms to watch for that could require emergency dental care:
- Pain in one tooth or several teeth.
- Recurring toothache or jaw pain.
- Broken, chipped, or knocked-out teeth.
- Loose or lost permanent teeth.
- Loose crowns.
- Lost or loose fillings.
- Temperature sensitivity in your teeth.
- Bleeding, swollen, or inflamed gums.
- Swelling in the face or neck.
- Pain with biting, or opening and closing your mouth.
If you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms, call Dr. Theurer at The Sugar House Dentist right away!
How to Handle Common Dental Emergencies
- Floss to remove any food particles from your teeth.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Use a cold compress when there is swelling.
- Visit the dentist as soon as you can.
- Save all the pieces of the tooth that you can find.
- Rinse your mouth and the tooth fragments with warm water.
- Apply a cold compress.
- Visit the dentist as soon as possible.
- Find the tooth if you can.
- Rinse the root in warm water if it’s dirty.
- Put the tooth back in place if you can—but don’t try to force it.
- If you can’t put it back, put it in milk or saltwater.
- See the dentist within an hour for the best chance of saving the tooth.
Trauma to Surrounding Tissue:
- Rinse your mouth and use gauze to stop any bleeding.
- Use a cold compress for pain.
- See your dentist as soon as you can, unless the injury is severe enough to require medical care from a physician.
The Sugar House Dentist: Your Expert Resource for Oral and Whole-Body Health
Believe it or not, your oral and dental health plays an important role in your overall health and well-being. It’s important not to take your bi-annual trips to the dentist lightly; you also should not consider your oral and dental health to be less important than health in other areas. It’s important for you to deal with any dental emergencies immediately—especially when you have lost or broken any teeth.
Get Toothache Relief With Your Emergency Dentist In Sugar House
We think that our patients’ health and happiness are very important and that what we do has an effect on our patients’ lives. At our Sugar House dental practice, we provide information on oral care and its interconnected effects on the health of your organ systems and overall well-being. We take our responsibility to educate our Salt Lake City–Murray, UT, patients and promote good oral hygiene practices very seriously, so call now!