Permanent Dentures In Sugar House
If you have missing teeth in your smile, you may wonder what your options are to get a complete, attractive and functioning smile again. In the past, there was one option: dentures — the kind that used adhesive to adhere to your gums. These are definitely better than the alternative, but come with problems of their own.
There is a newer, rather revolutionary option we offer in our Sugar House clinic in Salt Lake City, and it’s one that we think you will love. It is called implant supported dentures. Implant supported dentures are a type of denture that uses strategically placed dental implants to stay in place. After your implants have been placed at our Salt Lake City area practice, we can use them to secure your dentures and give your denture set a more permanent feel. Permanent dentures can be removed, but will never slip or click out of place. You will be able to wear your dentures to public events without ever worrying about losing your teeth when you need to eat or speak. With implant supported permanent dentures, you can enjoy a more natural and comfortable feel, and you’ll never have to bother with sticky or messy denture adhesive.
What are implant supported dentures?
There are two different kinds of apparatus that can be used to restore a gap in your teeth. One is dentures, and these are used if you need to replace multiple teeth in a row or if all of your teeth missing. The dental implants are placed in certain areas in your smile and the dentures are then secured to the dental crowns.
The other apparatus is a dental bridge. This is usually used if one or only a few teeth are missing in a row. These, too, are secured on each side to the dental crowns and are very stable.
Implant Dentures & Dental Bridges
A dental bridge uses a series of porcelain crowns to fill in the gap left by a missing tooth. Using dental implants, we can create a fixed bridge that will restore your smile and help secure your full set of beautiful teeth. Our bridges are completely natural looking, and are designed with a patient’s comfort in mind.
To find out more about our permanent dentures and bridges, call us at our Sugar House dentist office today. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have, and to schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Theurer if you are in the Salt Lake City area, including Murray, UT.
What are the advantages to using implant dentistry procedures for dentures or a dental bridge?
- Stability — Because dental implants are so sturdy and long-lasting, dentures or a dental bridge secured to the implants can last for a lifetime.
- Custom made — Each part of the system, from dental implant to dental crown to dentures or the dental bridge are all made for you so they fit properly.
- Attractiveness — The dentures and the dental bridge are created to look just like natural teeth, so you can smile and laugh with confidence.
- Functionality — Implant-supported dentures or a dental bridge function just like natural teeth, so you can chew and eat naturally.
- Convenience — Implant-supported dentures or a dental bridge can either be permanent (connected permanently to the dental crowns) or can be removable using a device similar to a retainer.
We will partner with you to make the best dental choices for you. Call our Sugar House dentist office today and we can help you get the smile of your dreams! Dr. Theurer and his team provide restorative dentistry services to everyone in the Salt Lake City area, including Murray, UT!