You may not be able to say how and why all the components of a great smile blend in perfect harmony, but you know it when you see it. At The Sugar House Dentist in Salt Lake City we use cosmetic dentistry to create beautiful smiles.
You may be surprised at how many details go into planning for a smile makeover. Here are a few of the most obvious components:
- Tooth Color: shade, brightness, uniformity
- Tooth alignment: straight or crooked?
- Tooth size and proportions: are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth spacing: is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gumline margins: how much gum shows when you smile?
Here are some other cosiderations that may be less familiar to the layperson:
- The portions of the teeth that are visible when the mouth is at rest
- The relationship of the smile line and the lip line
- Zenith points: the highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline placement: the smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face
- Mesial inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline
At The Sugar House Dentist in Salt Lake City cosmetic dentistry has improved smiles for patients throughout Millcreek and Holladay. You could be next! We also offer dental implants, and other services. Call us to schedule an appointment today!
Contact The Sugar House Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):