Tooth Implant Dentistry In Sugar House
Tooth loss and the gaps that missing teeth leave in your smile can be very detrimental to one’s confidence and the way in which other people perceive you. In some situations, a missing tooth or missing teeth can cause people to stop smiling and even to avoid social situations. No one should have to feel left out or lose self-confidence over something so simple to remedy as a missing tooth.
Having missing teeth that leave gaps in your smile can also cause people to wear down some or all of their remaining teeth as they adjust their bite to compensate for the missing teeth. In the past, the only way to fix someone’s smile and remove the feeling of incompleteness that gaps between teeth often cause was to replace your teeth with dentures, or perhaps partial dentures. This is still an option today, of course, but there is a better recourse—dental implants.
If you have experienced tooth loss that is affecting your confidence or smile, don’t despair! The Sugar House Dentist are experts and offer dental implants to people in Salt Lake City at their Sugar House dental office.
But there is a better restorative dentistry option — dental implants.
Our tooth implant experts can complete your entire implant procedure in house, without the need to send you to a separate specialist. By both placing and restoring your dental implants in our Sugar House dentist office, we ensure that you remain in the capable hands of the doctors you trust from start to finish.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants, which are also known as tooth implants, are basically titanium rods that act as root substitutes for missing teeth. After it is installed, this artificial root fuses to the jawbone, creating a strong foundation upon which to attach a false tooth. It generally takes between 3 and 6 months for the titanium rod to fully fuse to the jawbone. Once the healing process is completed, dental implants basically give you a brand-new tooth root and tooth—only they’re even more durable than regular teeth.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- A tooth implant fills in the area of your mouth that your regular tooth root would have if it weren’t missing, so one benefit to your appearance is that your cheeks will most likely not get that sunken-in look that often happens when one or more teeth and their roots are missing. The dental implant stands in for the tooth and performs every function your real tooth would have.
- Dental implants look just like regular teeth, so they allow you to laugh and smile with complete confidence. The dental crown that is affixed to the top of the tooth-root replacement implant is color-matched to look just like the teeth next to it, so no one will be able to tell that it isn’t the natural tooth you were born with.
- A tooth implant feels just like a regular tooth, restoring your mouth to the way it was before you lost the tooth that the implant replaces. The dental crown that is connected to the top of the tooth-root implant is custom made for you based on the size, shape, and arrangement of your natural teeth, so it fits in your mouth and feels just like any other tooth.
- More important than appearance, dental implants function just like natural teeth. This means you can chew and eat with your replacement teeth just like you naturally would. This is especially helpful if the other teeth in your mouth have been worn down from being overused in order to compensate for the missing tooth or teeth.
- Yet another use for dental implants is that they can be used to anchor and hold either partial or full dentures if necessary. This makes the dentures much more sturdy, durable, and attractive because they are held securely in one place and never slide around in your mouth like unanchored dentures might.
Dental Implants vs Dental Bridges
For Salt Lake City patients who are missing one or a few teeth, our practice offers dental implant options and dental bridges. Dental bridges and dental implants will both restore missing teeth. However, there are a few key differences.
Dental implants replace the crown and root of the tooth. Dental bridges only replace the crown.
Implant dentistry uses a surgically placed post that functions like a natural tooth root followed by a crown restoration to create a perfect replacement tooth. Dental bridges use a series of porcelain crowns to “bridge” the gap left by a missing tooth.
Dental implants provide the jawbone with the support that it needs to stay healthy and strong. Dental bridges do not help prevent bone deterioration underneath the gumline.
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentistry?
Get Teeth Implants In Salt Lake City
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is specially crafted to replace a lost tooth. Implants are created using a titanium alloy that can fuse directly to your bone just like a natural tooth root. If you are interested in implant dentistry in Salt Lake City, you may be wondering if you are a candidate for a dental implant, or if implant dentistry is right for you.
You may be a candidate for implant dentistry if:
- You have lost one or more natural teeth. A dental implant is the best restorative option for patients who have suffered from a tooth loss or the loss of multiple teeth.
- You want to decrease your jawbone deterioration and enjoy a healthier smile. Implant dentistry is the only restorative option for missing teeth that restores both the tooth root and the tooth crown. When a patient loses a tooth, the jawbone underneath can start to deteriorate. A dental implant provides the jaw with the support that it needs, and helps patients enjoy a more beautiful smile and a more youthful appearance.
- You want a lasting restorative solution to your tooth loss. Our titanium implants are durable and can last a lifetime with proper care.
- You want a restorative solution that looks natural and beautiful. Each of our dental implants is restored with a beautiful, custom-made dental crown that looks natural and perfectly mimics your lost tooth.
- You want a full, functional smile again. A dental implant is a perfect tooth replacement option that gives our patients a second chance at a full, beautiful, smile. You’ll enjoy the same level of functionality that you enjoyed before you lost your tooth.
Why Choose Implant Dentistry?
Patients choose to have a dental implant after they’ve experienced a tooth loss, because dental implants are the only restorative option for missing teeth that replaces both the tooth crown and the tooth root. When you lose a tooth, the bone in your jaw can start to deteriorate without that tooth’s support. A dental implant can help stop that deterioration and keep you feeling happy and healthy, even after a tooth loss.
Dental implants come with many benefits including:
- Durability – Our dental implants are extremely durable and can last as long as a patient’s regular teeth.
- Beauty – Dental implants can restore your smile and prevent the sunken appearance commonly associated with patients who have experienced bone deterioration. Each implant is restored with a beautiful porcelain crown which will match and enhance the beauty of your full, natural smile.
- Comfort – After a while, your dental implant will feel like a natural part of your mouth. With a dental implant, you’ll be able to feel completely comfortable with your smile.
- Functionality – An implant combined with a porcelain crown creates a perfect replacement tooth. You’ll be able to enjoy all the activities you loved before your tooth loss.
How to Choose an Implant Dentist
Find The Right Dentist In Salt Lake City
After you decide that you want a dental implant, choosing a qualified implant dentist is your next step. There are many Salt Lake City implant dentists available to perform your procedure, but not every dentist will deliver the same quality result. When you choose your implant dentist, there are a few things that you will want to consider.
- Training – When you choose an implant dentist, you want a dentist who specializes in implant dentistry. Dr. Theurer has a doctorate in dental surgery and received thorough training in the placement and restoration of dental implants and can perform each step of the procedure right here in our Sugar House dentist office.
- Recognition – When you choose an implant dentist, you want a dentist who stands out. Dr. Theurer was awarded the Youngest Dentist of the Year Award by the Crown Council in 2010 and has gone on to provide his patients in the Sugar House, and Salt Lake City areas with top quality dentistry services. He is a member of the Crown Council, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Academy of General Dentistry, and American Dental Association.
- Experience – When you choose an implant dentist, you want to choose a dentist who has experience placing and restoring dental implants. Dr. Theurer has been providing his patients with perfectly placed dental implants and restorations since he opened his practice, and is happy to share examples of his work.
- Compassion – When choosing an implant dentist, you want to choose a dentist who cares about you and your smile. Dr. Theurer and his team care about each one of their patients and take the time to get to know them. When you choose to have an implant placed, Dr. Theurer will consult with you to determine how best to meet your unique needs. We believe in communication with our patients, every step of the way.
If you are looking for the right place to get dental implants in Salt Lake City, Utah, call our Sugar House dental clinic to schedule a consultation today if you are in the area, including Murray UT!